Western Railway Recruitment 2017 | www.indianrailways.gov.in | Apprentices | 54 Vacancies | Across India | Last date: 23rd October 2017
Company: Konkan Railway (KRCL)
Western Railway in its present form came into existence on 5th November, 1951 by the merger of its forerunner, the erstwhile Bombay, Baroda and Central India Railway (BB&CI), with other State Railways viz, Saurashtra, Rajputana and Jaipur. The BB&CI Railway was itself incorporated in 1855, starting with the construction of a 29 mile broad gauge track from Ankleshwar to Utran in Gujarat state on the West Coast. In 1864, the railway was extended up to Mumbai.
Western Railway, an important part of the Indian Railway system, serves the financial capital of India, Mumbai, along with almost entire area of Gujarat and some parts of Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan. Western Railway, has played an important role in industrial, financial and social development of the Western regions of the country.
Company Website: www.indianrailways.gov.in
Position: Trade Apprentice
Total Vacancies: 54
- Electrician – 52 Posts
- Turner – 2 Posts
- Welder – 1 Post
Job Location: Across India
Stipend: As per apprentice act.
Education: SSC with 50% marks & ITI In Electrician/ Turner/ Welder
Note: Engineering Graduates and Diploma holders are not eligible to apply or apprenticeship in response to this notification as they are governed by a Separate scheme apprenticeship.
Age limit(As on 26.9.2017): 15 to 24years (Relaxation as per government policy)
Training & Stipend: Training will be arranged in accordance with the standards and syllabus prescribed by the Central Apprenticeship Council., The selected candidates will be paid stipend during Apprenticeship at the prescribed rates as per extent instructions.
Training Period: 1 year
Selection of the eligible candidates for imparting training under the Apprentice Act 1961 will be based on the merit list which would be prepared taking the average of percentage marks obtained the candidates in the both matriculation(with minimum 50%marks) and ITI examination giving equal weightage to both. There will be no writing test or viva.
Application Fee: Rs.100/-(No fee for SC/ST/PH/Women)
How to Apply:
All interested and eligible candidates send the application form with along requirements to the following postal address on or before 23rd October 2017 at 16:00Hrs.
Assistant Personnel Officer,
For Cheif Workshop Manager,
EMU Workshop, Mahalaxmi,
- 10th SSC Mark sheet & Board Certificates in the proof of date of birth.
- ITI Certificate with consolidated marks sheet of all the semesters including final.
- Copy of the latest CAST CERTIFICATE in the case of SC/ST/OBC candidates issued by the District Magistrate/Mandal Revenue Officer in the prescribed proforma.
- Physically handicapped certificate duly issued by the Competent Medical Board as per rules.
- Two identical Passport size color photographs firmly stitched in Separate cover to the application.
Important dates to Remember:
- Last date for Submission of Application: 23rd October 2017
- The probable date of display of the list of selected candidates: 23rd November 2017
- Tentative date of commence of training: 15th January 2018
Detailed Notification: Click here