Volvo Recruitment 2019 | Associate Engineer | BE/ B.Tech – Automobile/ IEM/ Mechanical Engineering | Bangalore | Last Date: 15th January 2019
Company: Volvo Group
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area’s with state-of-the-art research ,cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals working with energy, passion and respect for the individual to become the world leader in sustainable transport solutions.
Company Website: www.volvo.com
Positions: Associate Buyer/ Buyer
Role: Associate Engineer
Industry Type: Automobile
Salary: Best In Industry
Job Location: Bangalore
Experience: 2 – 7 Years
Education: BE/ B.Tech in Mechanical /IEM/ Automobile Engineering/ Any graduation.
Job Description: The Buyer is accountable for the QDCFTSR of the supplier base on his segments. He/She is responsible to make sure that the segment strategy is implemented through the selection of the right suppliers, and by continuously securing supplier QDCFTSR performance by using the tools and purchasing/cross functional network. QDCFTSR: Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability, Risk Management
- Contribute to segment strategies & be an active member in the global network of buyers.
- Responsible to optimize sourcing activities together with the other Buyers & the Segment Leader
- Responsible to secure that supplier selection is aligned with the Segment strategy.
- To secure the outcome of the sourcing in a contractual package, and that all agreements are approved and signed
- Execute agreements with suppliers during production and after production
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets
- Ensure deliverables from suppliers to fulfill APQP activities managed by SQE.
- Manage Project Performance Reviews with suppliers and stakeholders
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with SQ&D team
- Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
- Manage and negotiate product/processes changes
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
- Develop the sourcing plan for the component according to cross functional component time plan.
- Challenge, Negotiate, & Report changes after contract signature and ensure fulfillment of project targets.
- Ensure that the supplier is prepared for production, including capacity and all needed system updates (Parma codes, EDI connection…) with Supplier Host support when needed
Last Date to Apply: 15th January 2019
Application Link: Click Here