Volvo Recruitment 2018 | Associate Engineer | BE/ B.Tech – Mechanical/ Automobile Engineering | Bangalore | December 2017
Company: Volvo Group
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area’s with state-of-the-art research ,cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals working with energy, passion and respect for the individual to become the world leader in sustainable transport solutions.
Company Website: www.volvo.com
Positions: Associate Engineer
Industry Type: Automobile/ Auto Ancillary/ Auto Components
Experience: 1 – 3 Years
Salary: Best In Industry
Job Location: Bangalore
- BE/ B.Tech in Mechanical/ Automobile Engineering with 1~3 years of Automotive product development experience.
- Successfully completed basic CAD training, preferably in Catia V5 with Exterior automotive experience is a plus.
- Knowledge in Volvo Products and Data Management systems such as Kola and Enovia is preferable.
Position Description: Vehicle Front Group is a design team within complete Cab Design Section. We are responsible to design & develop components like Bumper, Crash systems, Insteps, lighting/Signaling components & plastic parts coming on the chassis. We work with both new vehicle projects and maintenance of parts in productions that we continuously are adapting for markets and demands.
- Responsible for the design & development of Plastic & Sheet metal components related to Truck Lower front module such as Bumper, Under-run protection, Ingress/Egress (Insteps).
- Performs design, testing/validation and/or development projects within area of assignment to fulfill the project set Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature targets.
- Generate Value Engineering and Value Analysis (VA/VE) and Continuous Improvement (CI) ideas to reduce product costs and drive/support implementation as needed.
- Analyze component parts and assemblies to determine the best course of action required to resolve actual or potential problems and implement cost effective solutions.
- Support packaging engineers in packaging and installation tasks (e.g. technical reports, packaging investigations, DMU utilization)
- Build & follow component design time plan to meet project deadline.
- Contribute to work in Cross functional activities to close out development open points and achieve set project deliverables.
- Must have Global mind-set to collaborate and work with engineers mostly at Cab, Chassis, Styling, Vehicle Architecture, Verification & Validation team both Locally as well as Other sites within Volvo.
- Take ownership in development of engineering process & method documents (TR, guidelines, rules etc.)
- Contribute towards knowledge management within the area of assignment.
Application Link: Closed