TNPSC Exams 2018 | www.tnpsc.gov.in | Motor Vehicle Inspector | 113 Vacancies | Across Tamilnadu | Last Date: 13th March 2018
Company: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) is a department of the government of Tamil Nadu that is responsible for governing the recruitment of personnel into the state’s public service. It is the successor of the Madras Service Commission, which came into being under an Act of the Madras Legislature in 1929 and was the first Provincial Public Service Commission in India.
In 1923, the Indian Government established a Public Service Commission to examine the salary structure of the Indian Civil Service and the possibility of transferring some of the duties to provincial services.
Company Website: www.tnpsc.gov.in
Positions: Motor Vehicle Inspector
No. of Positions: 113
Job Location: Across Tamilnadu
Experience: 6 months to 1 Year
Salary: Rs.35,900- 1,13,500/- PM
- Anyone of the following Qualifications awarded by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Tamil Nadu
A Diploma in Automobile Engineering (3 years Course). Or
A Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (3 years Course)
- Experience of having worked for a period of not less than one year both on vehicles fitted with Petrol Engines and Vehicles fitted with Diesel Engines on a full time basis in an Automobile workshop which undertakes repairs of Light Motor Vehicles, Heavy Goods Vehicles and Heavy Passenger Motor Vehicles.
- Must hold a valid driving licence authorising him to drive Motor Cycle, Heavy Goods Vehicles and Heavy Passenger Motor Vehicles. and
- Must have experience in driving Heavy Transport Vehicles for a Period of not less than six months after obtaining the licence referred to above.
- The Diploma qualification prescribed for this post should have been obtained after passing SSLC/H.Sc. The results of exam should have been declared on or before the date of Notification.
- Experience should have been gained after passing the prescribed educational qualification.
- The candidate should have valid driving licence on the date of notification
Knowledge in Tamil: Applicants should possess adequate knowledge in Tamil.
Age limit(as on 01.07.2018):
Minimum Age limit: 21 Years (should have completed)
- Selection will be made in two successive stages i.e., (i) Written Examination and (ii) Oral Test in the shape of an interview.
- Final selection will be made on the basis of the total marks obtained by the Applicants at the Written Examination and Oral Test taken together subject to the rule of reservation of appointments.
Written Examination: The Questions in Paper-I will be set in English only and Paper – II will be set in both English and Tamil.
Scheme of Written Examination:
|Paper I||3 Hrs||300|
|Paper II||2 Hrs||200|
|Interview & Records||–||70|
Diploma standard (200 Questions (Code No.310) Subject paper in Mechanical Engineering
(100 Questions) and Automobile Engineering (100 Questions)
Paper-II: GENERAL STUDIES (100 Questions) General Studies (HSC Standard) – 75 Questions And Aptitude and Mental Ability (SSLC Standard) – 25 Questions
Maximum Qualifying marks:
- SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs: 171 Marks
- Others: 228 Marks
- Registration Fee: Rs.150/-
- Examination Fee: Rs.150/-
Examination centre: Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai.
How to Apply: All interested and eligible candidates can apply for this position in online latest by 13th March 2018. After successfully submitted, send a print out of online application form along with required documents to the Commission’s office on or before 25th March 2018.
- Date of Notification: 14.02.2018
- Last date for submission of application: 13.03.2018
- Last date for payment of Fee through Bank(State Bank of India or Indian Bank): 15.03.2018.
- Last date for submission of attested copies of documents along with print out of online
Date of Written Examination:
- Paper I (Subject Paper) (Mechanical Engineering and Automobile Engineering): 10.06.2018 FN 10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M
- Paper II (General Studies): 10.06.2018 AN 02.30 P.M. to 04.30 P.M
More Details & Application Link:Link Expired