Tata Steel Recruitment 2019 | Manager – Help Desk | BE/ B.Tech – Automobile/ Mechanical/ Metallurgical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Computer Science/ Instrumentation/ Industrial Engineering | Jamshedpur | August 2019
Company: Tata Steel BSL Ltd
Established in 1907 as Asias first integrated private sector steel company, Tata Steel Group is among the top-ten global steel companies with an annual crude steel capacity of over 29 million tonnes per annum (mtpa).
It is now the worlds second-most geographically-diversified steel producer, with operations in 26 countries and a commercial presence in over 50 countries. The Tata Steel Group, with a turnover of US$ 24.82 billion in FY 13, has over 80,000 employees across five continents.
Company Website: www.tatasteelbsl.co.in
Positions: Manager Procurement (Help Desk Services)
Role: Commercial Manager
Experience: 3 – 5 Years
Salary: Best In Industry
Job Location: Jamshedpur
Education: BE/ B.Tech – All Engineering Streams
- Context / Purpose of the Job This position will be responsible fo managing the customer support cell/ProCare
- Increasing vendor and user satisfaction through complaint resolution using above mentioned support cell.
- Support in improving delivery compliance of Indian vendors.
- This role will also involve designing SOPs and suggesting overall procurement process improvements to reduce user and complaints.
- A key responsibility would be to support user requirement fulfilment by procurement. In this regard, this position shall drive proactive vendor follow up (across all segments and locations) to ensure deliveries are completed within committed lead times.
- Among other responsibilities, the role will also focus on increasing on-time responses to RFQs raised by procurement through follow up with vendors for quotes.
Technical & Behavioural Competencies:
- Strong program management skills to drive vendor development initiatives
- Understanding of procurement processes (including vendor interfaces) and all IT related systems and their usage
Problem solving abilities:
- Ability to coach/ train juniors
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with middle management of suppliers
- Efficient mentoring capabilities to guide vendor teams and junior Tata Steel team members
- Understanding of quality requirements / TQM etc Knowledge of quality tools
Application Link: Link Expired