Tata Steel Recruitment 2017 | Asst. Manager Electrical Testing | BE/ B.Tech – Electrical | 2013, 2014 & 2015 Batch | Jamshedpur | June 2017
Company: Tata Steel Limited
Established in 1907 as Asias first integrated private sector steel company, Tata Steel Group is among the top-ten global steel companies with an annual crude steel capacity of over 29 million tonnes per annum (mtpa).
It is now the worlds second-most geographically-diversified steel producer, with operations in 26 countries and a commercial presence in over 50 countries. The Tata Steel Group, with a turnover of US$ 24.82 billion in FY 13, has over 80,000 employees across five continents.
Company Website: www.tatasteel.com
Positions: Asst. Manager Electrical Testing
Role: Service/Maintenance Engineer
Experience: 2 – 3 Years
Salary: Best In Industry
Job Location: Jamshedpur
Education: BE/ B.Tech – Electrical Engineering
Purpose of the Job Electrical Protection and Testing is one of the sections in Electrical Transmission & Distribution department, which is primarily responsible for electrical protection and testing of Tata Steel Power system. It provides electrical testing service like Protection relay testing, all type of electrical equipment testing & condition monitoring of equipments to entire Tata Steel, works essentially to improve the reliability of Tata Steel Power system. Electrical Protection and Testing Objective: To ensure healthiness of HT equipments and protection system of Tata Steel Power system. Scope: Testing of all type of HT equipments and protective relays, Power system study for proper relay co- ordination, Relay setting and parameterisation for various HT equipments, commissioning of protection system in new HT power system projects, Energy management system, Condition Monitoring of various HT equipmentâ€™s like transformers, motors etc, Repair of transformers.
- Customer satisfaction improvement, Daily job planning & successful execution of various type of testing activities and customer requirements, Control over outsourced processes in consultation with procurement & respective areas.(Earth pit making, earth pit testing, LV side relay testing etc), Support to customer during shutdown and breakdown maintenance.
- Quality of Job Ensure 100% job execution as per standard operating procedure and checklist. To provide manpower, technical support & resource to complete the regular / urgent / breakdown job within stipulated time and ensure quality of the job. Analysis of test results and accordingly recommendation to customer. Review & improve the testing practices/SOPs to improve quality and reliability of testing jobs. Ensure 100% availability of duly calibrated testing instruments. RCFA & CAPA Implementation to improve quality of testing practices. Ensure quality of testing activities during commissioning of new installations.
- Productivity Proper utilization of manpower & resources to improve the Productivity. Use of new technology to improve the productivity Identification of wasteful activities and elimination of the same. Effective daily job planning based on customer request, energy metering job & improvement activities, regular site visits to facilitate job execution, deciding correction action for abnormalities found, report checking, timely reporting of abnormalities to respective customer.
- People development and moral improvement Preparation of TNI based on sectional 4Q matrix ,ECBS score ,input from individuals. Implementation of training plan based on TNI and its effectiveness with the team. Facilitate for implementation of suggestions and SGA.
- Safety Ensure Zero LTI Ensure Safety of entire team and encouraging safety behaviour.
- Contractor Audits Ensure compliance of safety committee meeting.
- Cost Timely compliance of sanctioned budget of the section Timely processing of purchase and service orders.
Apply Link: Click Here
Application Link: Closed