TANGEDCO Recruitment 2018 | www.tangedco.gov.in | Assistant Engineer | 325 Vacancies | BE/ B.Tech | Across Tamilnadu
Company: Tamilnadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB) was formed on July 1, 1957 under section 54 of the Electricity (Supply) Act 1948 in the State of Tamil Nadu as a vertically integrated utility responsible for power generation, transmission and distribution.
The electricity network has since been extended to all villages and towns throughout the State. TNEB was restructured on 1.11.2010 into TNEB Limited; Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited (TANGEDCO); and Tamil Nadu Transmission Corporation Limited (TANTRANSCO).
Tamilnadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited ( TANGEDCO ) – www.tangedco.gov.in – is inviting applications through ONLINE MODE upto 14 Feb 2018 from all the eligible candidates for Written Examination towards the Direct Recruitment to the 325 Posts of Assistant Engineer.
Company Website: www.tangedco.gov.in
Positions: Assistant Engineer
Job Location: Across Tamilnadu
No. of Positions: 325
- Assistant Engineer ( Electrical ) – 300
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering – 273
- Electronics and Communication Engineering / Instrumentation Engineering – 21
- Computer Science/ Information Technology Engineering – 6
- Assistant Engineer ( Civil ) – 25
Salary : Rs. 10,100 – 34,800 + Grade Pay of Rs 5100 (Around 50K per month)
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical): A degree in EEE/ ECE/ EIE/ CSE/ IT Engineering OR A pass in AMIE (Sections A and B) under Electrical Engineering Branch
- Assistant Engineer (Civil): A degree in Civil Engineering OR A pass in AMIE (Sections A and B) under Civil Engineering Branch
Selection Process :
- The selection for the above posts will be strictly based on the competitive written examination marks and rule of reservation only (as per communal roster).
- Candidates will be called for the original certificate verification in the ratio of 1:5 as per the rule of reservation (Communal roster) and based on the marks obtained in the Competitive Written Examination.
- After satisfactory verification of the certificates, the selection will be made from the eligible candidates purely on the basis of marks obtained in the Competitive Written Examination and as per the rule of reservation (communal roster) and then appointment orders will be issued to the notified vacancies.
- Applying to the post through online and writing Competitive Written Examination alone will not guarantee for appointment or selection to the post.
- The question paper for WRITTEN EXAMINATION will be of Objective type in OMR format of Engineering Degree Standard. For Electrical Engineering it will be in English and for Civil it will be in English as well as Tamil.
- The Question paper will have three parts. Part I and Part II are compulsory and under Part III, the candidates have to answer the section which has been chosen at the time of registration. If a candidate appears for a different section, Part III will not be evaluated. The questions will be set at Under Graduate level.
- Duration of Examination is 2 Hours.
- Multiple shading will be considered as wrong answer and 1/3 mark will be reduced.
- For OC, BCO, BCM, MBC/ DC; Rs. 500/- +GST Rs.90/- (Total Rs.590/-)
- For SC, SCA, ST: Rs. 250/- +GST Rs.45/- (Total Rs.295/-)
- Destitute widow and Differently abled persons: Rs. 250/- +GST Rs.45/- (Total Rs.295/-)
Examination Centre: Chennai, Erode, Coimbatore, Tiruchirapalli, Vellore, Madurai, Villupuram, Tirunelveli.
- Date of Notification: 14/02/2018
- Last date for submission of applications and for uploading the documents and payment through electronic mode: 28/02/2018
- Last date for payment of Fee through bank challan (Canara Bank/Indian Bank / Indian Overseas Bank): 03/03/2018
More Details & Application Link:Link Expired