Southern Railway Recruitment 2019 | www.indianrailways.gov.in | Assistants/ DEO | 95 Posts | BE/ B.Tech/ Any Degree | Across India | Last Date: 30th June 2019
Company: Southern Railway (SR)
The Southern Railway, headquartered at Chennai, is one of the 17 zones of Indian Railways. It is the earliest of the 17 zones of the Indian Railways created in independent India. It was created on 14 April 1951 by merging three state railways, namely, the Madras and Southern Mahratta Railway, the South Indian Railway Company, and the Mysore State Railway.
The South Indian Railway was originally created in the British colonial times as Great Southern India Railway Co founded in Britain in 1853 and registered in 1859. Its original headquarters was in Tiruchirappalli (Trichy) and was registered as a company in London only in 1890.
Company Website: www.indianrailways.gov.in
Position: Executive Assistants, Data Entry Operators & Digital Office Assistants
Total Vacancies: 95
Job Location: Across India
Salary: Rs.18,500-22,000/- PM
- BCA/ B.Sc Computer Science/IT (OR) Degree in any discipline plus Microsoft Office Specialist Certification in MS Office 2010 or later version.
Age Limit: 18 – 28 Years as on 01-01-2019
Selection will be based on the performance of the candidate in both the Written Test and Interview.
Southern Railway Written Test:
- The written test consists of 100 objective types of questions in English.
- The duration of the written test is 90 minutes.
- One mark will be deducted for every 3 wrong answers.
- Question will be asked in the knowledge of Computers, English, Basic Quantitative Skill & General Knowledge.
- For UR/OBC candidates-Rs.500/-
- For SC/ST/PWD/Women/Economically Backward/Minority-Rs.250/-
Note: After the screening test Rs.400/- will be refunded for UR/OBC candidates and Rs.250/- will be refunded for SC/ST/PWD/Women/Economically Backward/Minority Candidates. No refund will be given to the candidates who do not appear in screening test.
How to Apply:
Application is submitted online through the official website of Southern Railway. The application must be submitted on or before 30th June 2019 (5 PM).
For more details: Link Expired
Apply Link: Link Expired