SAP Labs Recruitment 2017 | Freshers | Development Engineer | 2015, 2016 & 2017 Batch | BE/ B.Tech/ ME/ M.Tech/ B.Sc/ M.Sc/ MCA | Pune | October 2017
Company: SAP Labs India Pvt Ltd.
MARKET leader in enterprise application software, SAP (NYSE: SAP) helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition.
SAP applications and services enable more than 170,000 customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Company Website: www.sap.com/india
Positions: Development Engineer – SAP HANA
Salary: Best In Industry
Experience: 0 – 3 Year
Job Location: Pune
- Must have BS or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with 0-3 years of experience
- Very good analytical skills and good knowledge of data base architectures
- Advanced LINUX and UNIX skills and experience (specifically with multi-threaded architecture synchronization mechanism etc.)
- Must have a strong knowledge of the C, C++ Programming language with expertise in Database internals and/or operating system internals with strong debugging skills
- System level design expertise such as OS drivers, file systems, access methods, query processing, query optimization, memory management, multi-threading and concurrency control, networking will be a strong plus
- Experience in distributed computing development such as distributed database design, cluster file system etc., will be a strong plus
- Must be able to multi-task and work independently, take initiative to prioritize and resolve problems
- Must have excellent verbal and communication skills
- Familiarity with Assembly language is a plus
We are currently seeking a highly talented and motivated Development Engineers to work on our SAP Products and Database Technology. As a successful candidate for this role, you will have excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, fluency in coding and systems design, solid communication skills and a desire to solve complex problems of scale which are uniquely SAP. You will have the opportunity to contribute your expertise to a wide range of Database Server products that deal with row store, column store in a SMP and distributed system environment. You will use your skills and your initiative to improve the functionality and performance of these systems.
You will develop and enhance core components of these servers in a wide variety of areas (ex: query processing, database store and access methods, distributed subsystems such as Distributed Resource Management, Cluster Lock Manger, etc.). In addition to current technology, you will work on new exciting technologies in the field of in-memory and distributed computing to assure SAP’s continuous leadership in the marketplace.
- Design, implement, document, and maintain various modules within SAP database product HANA
- Identify areas of improvements to current design and advocates alternative method to enhance current working set
- Provide alternative diagnostic methods to resolve both in house and customer reported problems
- Design, Debug, analyze and resolve complex database engine problems of customers and SAP internal stakeholders
- Own and work with engineering team in different geographic locations to diagnose and resolve design issues and customer reported problems
- Articulate technical information clearly. Provide training and assist on knowledge transfer
- Prioritize tasks, develops detailed design, and estimate effort required to completion of projects
- Generate IP and Publish Technical white papers for SAP Database Customers
- Analyze performance and scalability of the SAP database products
- Follow the software development cycle from inception and requirement to successful release of product
Application Link: Closed