RRB Recruitment 2018 | www.indianrailways.gov.in | Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP)/ Technician | 27019 Vacancies | ITI/ Diploma/ BE/ B.Tech/ B.Sc | Across India | Last Date: 5th March 2018
Company: Railway Recruitment Board
Indian Railways (www.indianrailways.gov.in) is an Indian state-owned enterprise, owned and operated by the Government of India through the Ministry of Railways. It is one of the world’s largest railway networks comprising 115,000 km (71,000 mi) of track over a route of 65,808 km (40,891 mi) and 7,112 stations.
RRB calls for eligible applicants through “Employment News” (A publication of the Government of India). The employment notification is also published on the Internet web site. The applications are scrutinized for eligibility. The eligible candidates are called for a written examination with call letters being sent a month in advance of the date of the examination.
Company Website: www.indianrailways.gov.in
Position: Assistant Loco Pilot, Technician
Total Vacancies: 27,019
- Assistant Loco Pilot – 17,849 Posts
- Technicians – 9,170 Posts
Salary: Rs.19,900/- per month
Job location: Across India
Assistant Loco Pilot(ALP):
- Matriculation / SSLC plus ITI from recognised institutions of NCVT/SCVT in various trades (OR)
- Matriculation / SSLC plus Course Completed Act Apprenticeship in various trades (OR)
- 3 years Diploma in various streams of Engineering disciplines from a recognised Institution in lieu of ITI
- Candidates must have done engineering Degree/ Matriculation / SSLC plus ITI from recognised institutions of NCVT/SCVT in the trades of Armature and Coil Winder / Electrician / Electronics Mechanic / Fitter / Heat Engine / Instrument Mechanic / Machinist / Mechanic Diesel / Mechanic Motor Vehicle / Millwright Maintenance Mechanic / Mechanic Radio & TV / Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Mechanic / Tractor Mechanic / Turner / Wireman.ORMatriculation / SSLC plus Course Completed Act Apprenticeship in the trades.
3 years Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Automobile Engineering (OR) Combination of various streams of these Engineering disciplines from a recognised Institution in lieu of ITI
Note: Degree in the Engineering disciplines as above will also be acceptable in lieu of Diploma in Engineering
- Matriculation / SSLC plus ITI from recognised institutions of NCVT/SCVT in various trades
- Matriculation / SSLC plus Course Completed Act Apprenticeship in various trades .
(Refer to the detailed CEN published on the websites of RRBs for Trade/ Disciplines.)
Age limit(As on 01.07.2018): 18 to 28 years (Relaxation as per government policy)
RRB Zone Wise Vacancies:
|S.No.||Zone||Number of Vacancies|
|12||RRB Jammu Srinagar||367|
- Only single online application (common to all the notified posts- ALP & Technicians) has to be submitted by the candidate through the link provided on the official website of RRBs.
- The entire recruitment process shall involve, First stage CBT, Second stage CBT, Computer Based Aptitude Test and Document Verification as applicable.
- The date, time and venue for all the activities viz First stage CBT, Second stage CBT, Computer Based AT and DV or any other additional activity as applicable shall be fixed by the RRBs and shall be intimated to the eligible candidates in due course. Request for postponement of any of the above activity or for change of venue, date and shift will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- All candidates except the categories below: Rs.500/- (Non Refundable)
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen/PWDs/Female/Transgender/Minorities/ Economically backward class: Rs.250/-
Note: This fee of Rs.250/- shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges to such candidates who appear in the First stage CST
RRB Recruitment Important Dates:
- Opening Date for Online Registration and submission of Applications: 3.2.2018
- Closing Date for submission of Online application: 5.3.2018
Last Date for Payment of Application Fee
- Online Payment (Net Banking/ Credit Card/Debit Card): 5.3.2018
- Payment of Application Fees through SBI Bank Challan: 5.3.2018
- Payment of Application Fees through Post Office Challan: 3.3.2018
- First stage Computer Based Test (CBT): Tentatively scheduled during April and May, 2018