In a super-competitive market, the telephone interview is increasingly being used by hiring managers for the first screening, and in the process, the first-stage elimination as well.
The phone interview saves the employers’ time and eliminates candidates that are unlikely to meet the company’s expectations.
In this type of interview both company and candidate have advantages. Earlier company has to provide to the candidate travelling fare, accommodation and meals.
In phone interview company has to save the above things and also time. Company has the opportunity to select a right candidates in a telephone interview easily.
Candidate also has no tension in this type interview as he need not travel long distance and attend the interview.
Here are the simple advices to a candidate how to face the phone interview.
- If you applied for Job, be sure that your mobile has not switched off. Because don’t know when they will call you.
- Don’t neglect telephonic interview, respond to it properly.
- Speak clearly, grammatically, respectfully, sweet and short. Because, some people neglect the telephonic interview and speak casually. Don’t do this.
- Be sure that place should calm and quietness while attending an interview.
- Speak with some expressions, show interest in speak. Interviewer will get impressed.
- Be ready with all documents (CV, Mark card, etc.,). However, it is easier to tell about your profile and projects you did.
- Don’t ask to reschedule the interview always.
- Answer the questions briefly because they will give maximum 10 seconds to 1 minute for each question.
- While answering the question don’t use “Yes” or “No”. Answer should be understandable to the interviewer.
- Tell your personal profile briefly. Better write your personal profile in paper. You can read it easily in a phone interview.
- If you want select in a phone interview you have a self confidence, faith, good technical skill, interest in work. If you follow the above suggestions you will definitely succeed in Interview.