Naval Dockyard Invited Applications From Freshers | www.indiannavy.nic.in | Trade Apprentices | 275 Posts | ITI | Vizag | Last Date: 5th December 2021
Company: Naval Dockyard Visakhapatnam
Naval Dockyard Invited Applications: In December 1941, shortly after the beginning of World War II in Europe, the Royal Indian Navy set up a “Boat Repair Workshop” in Visakhapatnam to support the Indian army units in Burma. In March 1942, as part of the Navy’s initiative to set up coastal forces in several Indian coastal cities, the facility in Visakhapatnam was upgraded to include blacksmith and carpentry workshops, and machine tools, all of which were hosted abroad the naval base INS Circars. This was further upgraded to a centre for maintenance of ships with a 200-tonne slipway in 1947. In 1953, the facility was expanded into a Base Repair Organisation (BRO) and existing workshop units moved into the new BRO complex.
In 1958, the Union Cabinet approved the proposal for establishing a naval base and dockyard in Vizag. In 1962, a new jetty and a workshop building were sanctioned, as well as the acquisition of 550 acres of land from the Port Trust. In 1972, the BRO was renamed as Naval Dockyard.
Company Website: www.indiannavy.nic.in
Naval Dockyard Apprentices School Visakhapatnam is inviting online applications for the 275 Posts of Trade Apprentices.
No of Vacancies: 275 Posts
- Electronics Mechanic-36
- Instrument Mechanic-15
- Painter (General)-10
- Refrigeration & A/C Mechanic-19
- Welder (Gas & Electric)-16
- Mechanic (Diesel)-20
- Sheet Metal Worker-34
- Pipe Fitter-22)
Job Location: Vizag
Salary: According to GOI Gazette Notification No. 561dated 25 Sep 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Naval Dockyard Invited Applications:
- Candidates must complete Matriculation with minimum 50% of marks along with ITI in the respective trade with minimum 65% of marks from a recognized Institute.
Candidates must be born in between 01 Apr 2001 to 01 Apr 2008. Age is relaxable for reserved category candidates.
Selection Process for Naval Dockyard Recruitment 2021:
- Candidates are selected based on their performance in the written test and interview.
- A call letter for written examination will be issued to all candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria.
- Written examination would be objective type consist of 50 questions (Mathematics 20, General Science 20, General Knowledge 10), with each question carrying one and half (1½) marks.
- Candidates in the order of merit of written examination would be called for interview
How to Apply for Naval Dockyard Invited Applications?
- All interested and eligible candidates can register through apprenticeship portal on or before 5th December 2021.
- Candidates should send the hard copy of online application form along with necessary certificates of testimonials on or before 14th December 2021.
Address to be noted:
Naval Dockyard Apprentices School,
VM Naval Base S.O., P.O.,
Visakhapatnam – 530 014, Andhra Pradesh
Written test: 27th January 2022 for all the trades
Declaration of results: 29th January 2022
Interview Dates: 31st January to 3rd February 2022
Medical Examination Dates: 7th to 15th February 2022
For More Information: Click Here
Apply Link: Click Here