Konkan Railway (KRCL) Recruitment 2018 | www.konkanrailway.com | Station Master/ Clerk | Any Graduate | 113 Posts | Across India | Last date: 12 May 2018
Company: Konkan Railway (KRCL)
The Konkan Railway is a subsidiary zone of the Indian Railways. It is one of the 17 zones of the Indian Railways but without any divisional structure unlike other railways zones in India. It is operated by Konkan Railway Corporation, headquartered at CBD Belapur in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra. The first passenger train ran on Konkan railway tracks on 20 March 1993 between Udupi and Mangalore
The Konkan Railway was the missing link between India’s commercial capital, Mumbai, and Mangalore. The 741-kilometre line connects Maharashtra, Goa and Karnataka States — a region of criss-crossing rivers, plunging valleys and mountains that soar into the clouds.
Company Website: www.konkanrailway.com
Position: Station Master, Goods Guard, Accounts Assistant, Senior Clerk
Total Vacancies: 113
- Station Master – 55 Posts
- Goods Guard – 37 Posts
- Accounts Assistant – 11 Posts
- Senior Clerk – 10 Posts
Job Location: Across India
- Station Master – Level 06 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix
- Goods Guard, Senior Clerk and Accounts Assistant – Level 05 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix
Station Master/Goods Guard: Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University.
- Candidates having degree of BBA/HR or MBA/HR will be preferred.
Senior Clerk: B.Com from a recognised University
Note: Those awaiting results of the final examination of the prescribed educational/ technical qualification SHOULD NOT apply.
Age Limit(As on 01.07.2018): 18 to 33 years
Relaxations in upper age limit:
- 5 Years for SC/ST candidates
- 3 Years for OBC-Non-Creamy Layer candidates
- Others as per Govt rules.
- The selection process will be based on Computer Based Test(CBT), Aptitude test and Document Verification(DV).
- Eight times the number of posts notified in SM category, candidates who qualified in CBT shall be called for Aptitude test.
- Merit list will be prepared for Candidates found suitable in aptitude test by giving 70% weightage to CBT marks and 30% weightage to Aptitude test marks.
Computer Based Test(CBT):
- CBT contains 100 Multiople Choice Questions for 90 Minutes duration.
- The questions will be of objective type with multiple choices and are likely to include questions pertaining to Common General Awareness which shall comprise 70% of the total questions, 20% on proficiency in English language and 10% on basic computer knowledge.
- There shall be negative marking for incorrect answers in CBT. 1/3rd of the marks allotted for each question shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
CBT- Qualifying Marks:
- For UR Category – 50%
- For OBC-NCL/SC/ST Category – 40%
- SC/ST/Ex-Serviceman/Female/Minorities/Economically backward class: Rs.250/-
- For all other candidates: Rs.500/-
Note: This fee of Rs.250/- shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges as applicable, on appearing CBT.
How to Apply:
All interested and eligible candidates can apply for this position in online latest by 12th May 2018.
Detailed Notification:Link Expired
Apply Link: Link Expired