John Crane Recruitment 2021 | Engineer – System Design | BE/ B.Tech/ Diploma – Mechanical/ Instrumentation/ Industrial Production | Bangalore
Company: John Crane
John Crane Recruitment 2021: John Crane is an American company, now a subsidiary of Smiths Group and provider of engineered products and services including mechanical seals, couplings, hydro-dynamic bearings, seal support systems, filtration systems and artificial lift.
The company services customers in the energy services sector including production, transmission and storage, refining, power generation, petrochemical, pulp and paper, and mining industries.
John Crane is the largest division of Smiths Group plc, a global technology business listed on the London Stock Exchange
Company Website: www.johncrane.com
Positions: Engineer – System Design
Salary: As per Industry
Job Location: Bangalore
Experience: 2 – 5 Years
Education: BE/ B.Tech/ Diploma – Mechanical/ Industrial Production/ Instrumentation Engineering
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering designs and associated purchase specifications for wide range of Engineered-to-order Wet Seal Systems for Global Strategic Oil and Gas projects collaborating with stakeholders, that primarily include global Projects Applications & Sales support, Fluid Control Bidding, Fluid control CoEs, Global Engineering, Global operations etc.
- To review, interpret, establish project requirements & its deliverables on order receipt for API 682 auxiliary sealant systems and its auxiliary units.
- To design and release large varieties of Engineered-to-Order wet seal system General Arrangement Drawings (GAs’) in line with project specifications using Solid Edge and other engineering management tool.
- Sizing of selected products, auxiliary piping, valves and instruments for various applications
- Perform pressure vessel (medium to high pressures) calculations using engineering tools / software
- Creating Bill of Material on SAP and managing drawings in Team Center
- Preparing instrument hook-up drawings, Instrument IO list, Utility list, datasheet per industry formats.
- To consistently maintain high standard of work output (100% error free documents) and delivery schedules.
- Manage the customer comments and engineering changes in timely manner
- Must own compliance to department processes, procedures, and design standards
- Should actively contribute to and promote continuous improvement.
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis and ensure agreed Corrective Actions are implemented consistently (8D / RCA / GCN process)
- To provide technical support during bidding phase when required
Graduate Engineer or Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical/instrumentation/ Industrial Production)
Industrial Experience: Typically, 2 to 5 years of experience in various Process industries including Oil and Gas, Chemical, Petroleum, Petrochemical industries etc., or in industries supplying equipment like Pumps, Compressors, Seals or associated auxiliary equipment’s to such process industries
Functional Experience: Working experience in Design, Selection, sizing, engineered to order products such as Seal Support Systems, Lube oil systems or similar.
- Strong hands-on skills with 3D Assembly / 3D Part modelling / 2D Draft environments, preferably in Solid edge
- Strong knowledge in P&ID and exposure to required ASTM/ASME codes
- Application knowledge with auxiliary piping systems like pump seal system or Lube oil Consoles or Oil Lubricating Systems or Pre-jacking systems, HP-LP systems, or Filtration units etc.
- Should be committed to very high levels of customer service and collaborate with various inter departments
- Should have good written and spoken skills in English and Dedicated team player with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Hands on experience in selection and release of purchase specifications (Datasheets) of field measurement instruments like Pressure, Level & Temperature gauges, transmitter etc. is preferred
- Supervisory or Co-ordination experience with fabricators of Lube oil systems or Filtration or other similar low- and high-pressure Equipment would be an added advantage
- Knowledge about API 614 and API 610 will be an added advantage
- Experience in the above from Oil & Gas, Chemical, Petrochemical, Power, Steel, Chemical industries is preferred
Apply Link: Click Here