Indian Navy Recruitment 2021 | www.indiannavy.nic.in | Scientific Assistant | 14 Posts | B.Sc | Mumbai | Last Date: 15th January 2021
Organization: Indian Navy
Indian Navy Recruitment 2021: The Indian Navy is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces. The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Navy. The Chief of Naval Staff, a four-star Admiral, commands the navy. The primary objective of the navy is to safeguard the nation’s maritime borders, and in conjunction with other Armed Forces of the union, act to deter or defeat any threats or aggression against the territory, people or maritime interests of India, both in war and peace.
Through joint exercises, goodwill visits and humanitarian missions, including disaster relief, Indian Navy promotes bilateral relations between nations. The Navy has the following three Commands, each under the control of a Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief. The Western and the Eastern Naval Commands are ‘Operational Commands’, and exercise control over operations in the Arabian Sea and the Bay of Bengal respectively. The Southern Command is the Training Command. The cutting edge of the Indian Navy are its two Fleets, namely the Western Fleet, based at Mumbai and the Eastern Fleet, based at Visakhapatnam. Besides the Fleets, there is a Flotilla each, based at Mumbai, Visakhapatnam and Port Blair (A & N Islands), that provide Local Naval Defence in their respective regions. Naval ships are also based at other ports along the East and the West coasts of India and the island territories, thus ensuring continued naval presence in the areas of national interest. Further, there are various Naval Officer-in-Charges (NOICs), under each Command, responsible for the Local Naval Defence of ports under their respective jurisdictions.
Position: Scientific Assistant
Total Vacancies: 14 Posts
Salary: Rs.35,400-1,12,400 PM
Job Location: Mumbai
- B.Sc degree in Physics or Chemistry or Electronics or Oceanography with two years experience in Material (metal, metal alloys, rubber) analysis and testing techniques OR
- Machinery noise and vibration movements; analysis and reduction techniques OR
- Chemical analysis of oils, lubricants, electrolyte and water, etc. OR
- Study and analysis of corrosion process and mitigation techniques.
- For General – not exceeding 30 years
- For OBC – up to 3 years
- For SC/ST – up to 5 years
- For PWD – up to 10 years
- The selection process will be based on written test and interview. Merely fulfilling the basic selection criteria does not automatically entitle a person applicant to be called for the written test.
- All short listed eligible candidates will have to appear in the written examination consisting of objective type questions based on the essential desirable qualification as mentioned at para 4 above and bilingual in both
English and Hindi (except for General English).
|General Intelligence / Awareness and Reasoning||10|
|Science and Technology||20|
|Awareness in relevant Trade/Field||50|
How to Apply:
For all the interested and eligible candidates, send the Application should be on plain paper (A4 Size) (good quality paper should be used) either neatly hand written or typed as per the prescribed format along with required documents through postal on or before 15th January 2021.
The Flag Office
Commanding-in-Chief, Headquarters, Western Naval Command (for SO CP”),
Ballar Estate, Near Tiger Gate,
Apply Link: Job Expired