Indian Navy Careers 2021 | SSC Officers – Executive & Technical Branches | 17 Posts | BE/ B.Tech/ LLB | Across India | Last Date: 18th February 2021
Organization: Indian Navy
Indian Navy Careers 2021: The Indian Navy is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces. The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Navy. The Chief of Naval Staff, a four-star Admiral, commands the navy. The primary objective of the navy is to safeguard the nation’s maritime borders, and in conjunction with other Armed Forces of the union, act to deter or defeat any threats or aggression against the territory, people or maritime interests of India, both in war and peace.
Through joint exercises, goodwill visits and humanitarian missions, including disaster relief, Indian Navy promotes bilateral relations between nations. The Navy has the following three Commands, each under the control of a Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief. The Western and the Eastern Naval Commands are ‘Operational Commands’, and exercise control over operations in the Arabian Sea and the Bay of Bengal respectively. The Southern Command is the Training Command.
Applications are invited from unmarried men & women candidates for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Executive Branch (Sports & Law) and Technical Branch (Naval Constructor) entries in the Indian
Navy for course commencing Jun 2021 (AT) at the Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala, Kerala.
Position: SSC Officers – Executive & Technical Branches
Total Vacancies: 17 Posts
- SSC (Executive): Sports Branch: 1 Post
- SSC (Executive): Law Branch: 2 Posts
- SSC (Technical): Naval Constructor: 14 Posts
Salary: According to rules of Indian Navy
Job Location: Across India
SSC (Executive): Sports Branch
- A candidate should have participated at Senior Level National Championships/ Games in Athletics/ Tennis/ Football/ Hockey/ Basketball/ Swimming
- Candidates should possess Post Graduate Degree or BE/B. Tech in any field. Candidates with Diploma in Sports Coaching from National Institute of Sports/ M.Sc in Sports (Coaching) will be given priority for shortlisting
Age Limit: 22-27 years
SSC (Executive): Law Branch
Educational Qualification: Candidates should complete Degree in Law from a college recognized by Bar Council of India with minimum 55% of marks.
Age Limit: 22-27 years
SSC (Technical): Naval Constructor
Educational Qualification: BE/B.Tech with minimum 60% marks in any of the following disciplines:-
(i) Mechanical (ii) Civil (iii) Aeronautical (iv) Aero Space (v) Metallurgy (vi) Naval Architecture (vii) Ocean Engineering (viii) Marine Engineering (ix) Ship Technology (x) Ship Building (xi) Ship Design
Age Limit: 191/2 -25 years
- Candidates will be shortlisted for SSB based on their academics performance.
- SSB interviews for short-listed candidates will be scheduled from March 2021 or after at Bangalore / Bhopal / Visakhapatnam/ Kolkata. Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their e-mail or through SMS (provided by candidate in their application form)
- The total duration of SSB interviews is five days consisting of stage I (Day one) and stage II (Four days). Stage I Tests; consist of Intelligence Tests, Picture Perception and Group Discussion Tests. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be sent back on the same day from SSB Centre. Stage II Tests consists of Psychological Tests, Group Task Tests and Interview. Successful candidates will undergo medical examination (approx 3-5 days). Candidates of Pilot entry are also required to undergo PABT (Pilot aptitude battery test) followed by Aviation medical examination.
How To Apply:
Candidates must apply online through www.indiannavy.nic.in
Important dates for SSC (Executive Branches):
- Starting date for Submission: 29-01-2021
- Last Date for Submission: 07-02-2021
Important dates for SSC (Technical Branches):
- Starting date for Submission: 10-02-2021
- Last Date for Submission: 18-02-2021
Apply Link: Job Expired