Indian Army Recruitment 2016 | TGC-124 | BE/ B.Tech – Civil, CS/ IT, Electrical, Electronics, E&C / E&T, Telecommunication, Micro Electronics & Microwav, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Metallurgical | Across India | Course JAN 2017
Company: Indian Army
The Indian Army is the land-based branch and the largest component of the Indian Armed Forces.
The President of India serves as Commander-in-Chief of the army, and it is commanded by the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), who is a four-star general. Two officers have been conferred the rank of Field marshal, a Five-star rank, which is a ceremonial position of great honour.
The primary mission of the Indian Army is to ensure national security and unity, defending the nation from external aggression and threats, and maintaining peace and security within its borders.
Company Website: www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
Job Location: Across India
Positions: Officers in Indian Army
No of Vacancies : Total 40 Posts
|Engineering Streams||Equivalent Engineering Streams||Vacancies|
|Civil||Civil Engg, Civil Engg (Structural Engg), Structural Engg||11|
|Electrical / Electrical & Electronics||Electrical Engg, Electrical Eng g (Electronics & Power), Power System Engg, Electrical & Electronics Engg||05|
|Mechanical||Mechanical Engg , Mechanical (Mechatronics) Engg, Mechanical & Automation Engg||04|
|Electronics||Power Electronics & Drives||02|
|Computer Sc & Engg/Computer Technology/Info Tech/M .Sc (Computer Sc)||Computer Engg, Computer Science, Computer Science Engg, Computer Science & Engg, Information Science & Engg||06|
|E&C / E&T / Telecommunication / Satellite Communication||Electronics & Telecom munication Engg, Telecommunication Engg , Electronics & Communication Engg, Electronics & Electrical Communication E ngg||06|
|Metallurgical||Metallurgical Engg, Metallurgy & Material Technology, Metallurgy & Material Engg, Metallurgy & Engg & Material Science, Metallurgy and Explosives||02|
|Electronics & Instrumentation/Instrum entation||Applied Electronics & Instrumentation E ngg, Electronics & Instrumentation Engg, Electronics & Instrumentation & Control Engg, Instrumentation & Control Engg, Instrumentation Technology||02|
|Micro Electronics & Microwave||02|
NOTE : These vacancies are tentative and may be changed depending on availability of training slots. No equivalence of Engineering stream will be accepted.
Salary: Initially Rs 15600 – 39100 + Rs 5400/- Grade Pay + Rs 6000/- MSP + Many Perks and Allowances
Eligibility Criteria :
Age Limit : 20 to 27 years as on 01 Jan 2017. (Candidates born between 02 Jan 90 and 01 Jan 97, both dates inclusive).
Educational Qualification :
- Candidates should have passed Engineering Degree or be in the final year of Engineering Degree course.
- The candidates in the final year of Degree Course should complete all their examinations related to the degree, prior to 01 Jan 2017.
Selection Process :
- Short listing of Online Applications Submitted through Cut off percentage : Cut off percentage will be probably around 68-72% in BE / BTech.
- Short listed Candidates will be called up for SSB Interview : held in Jul / Aug 2016
- The total duration of SSB interviews is five days consisting of stage I (Day one) and stage II (Four days).
- Stage I Tests; consist of Intelligence Tests, Picture Perception and Group Discussion Tests. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be sent back on the same day from SSB Centre.
- Stage II Tests consists of Psychological Tests, Group Task Tests and Interview.
- Successful candidates will undergo the following : Medical Examination
How To Apply:
Online Applications will be starting from 9th May 2016 at 10 AM and closes on 8th June 2016 by 5 PM.
- Click Here To Apply
- Enter the captcha value
- Login / Register for Indian Army
- Go to Officer Selection and Select Officers Entry Apply / Login
- You will automatically be provided the posts you are eligible to apply
- After applying online , Candidates NEED NOT send the Application form by Post
Post Online Submission of Application :
If Short listed for SSB Interview , Carry the following Documents
- One copy of the Print out of application duly signed and affixed with photograph self attested by the candidate.
- Self attested copy of Matriculation or equivalent certificate for age proof.
- Self attested copy of 12th Class Certificate & Marksheet.
- Self attested copy of Engineering Degree/Provisional Degree
- Self attested copy of Mark sheets of all Semesters
- Certificate from the Principal/Head of the Institution stating that the candidate is in final year and all exams will be over by 01 January 2016, for final year candidates.
- All certificates in original. Originals will be returned after verification at the Service Selection Board itself.
Notification: Link Expired