Indian Army Recruitment 2017 | Officers | SSC(T)-49 & SSCW(T)-20 | BE/ B.Tech – All Core Engineering Branches | Across India | January – February 2017
Company: Indian Army
The Indian Army is the land-based branch and the largest component of the Indian Armed Forces. The President of India serves as Commander-in-Chief of the army, and it is commanded by the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), who is a four-star general. Two officers have been conferred the rank of Field marshal, a Five-star rank, which is a ceremonial position of great honour.
The primary mission of the Indian Army is to ensure national security and unity, defending the nation from external aggression and threats, and maintaining peace and security within its borders.
Company Website: www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
Applications are invited from married/unmarried MALE and unmarried FEMALE Engineering Graduates and also from widows of Defence Personnel for Grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army in all Arms/Services. Course commencing in October 2017 at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Job Location: Across India
Positions: Officers in Indian Army
No of Vacancies : Total 196 Posts
|Engineering Streams||No. of Vcancies|
|SSC(T) Women – 20||SSC(T) Men-49|
|Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics||04||18|
|Automobile / Workshop Technology||–||02|
|Aeronautical/ Aviation/ Aerospace/ Ballistics/ Avionics||–||13|
|Computer Science & Engineering/ Computer Technology/ Info Tech/ M.Sc (Computer Science)||04||27|
|Electronics & Telecommunication/ Telecommunication/ Electronics & Communication/ Satellite Communication||03||26|
|Electronics / Opto Electronics/ Fibre Optics / Micro Electronics & Microwave||–||13|
|Electronics & Instrumentation/ Instrumentation||–||03|
|Architecture/ Building construction Technology||–||04|
|Food Tech/ Bio Tech/Bio-Medical Engineering||–||02|
One vacancy is for widows of Defence Personnel in 18th SSCW(Non Tech) Entry.
Note : In case the engineering stream of the candidate is not listed above and candidates desire to claim equivalence, they may produce equivalence certificate of the concerned universities for the purpose.
- Age Limit:
- SSC(Tech)-49 Men and SSC(Tech)-20 Women:- 20 to 27 years as on 01 Oct 2017. (Candidates born between 02 Oct 90 and 01 Oct 97 both dates inclusive).
- For widows of Defence Personnel with four years age relaxation- SSCW(Non Tech) – 19 to 29 Years. Born not earlier than 02 Jul 88 and not later than 01 Jul 98 (Both dates inclusive).
- Educational Qualification: Candidates who have passed Engineering Degree (BE / BTech) or are studying in the final year examination of Engineering course are eligible to apply.
- Candidates studying in final year of engineering must complete all the exam formalities including written, practicals, projects, backlogs, viva voce etc for award of qualifying BE/B.Tech degree before 01 Oct 2017 failing which their candidature is liable to be cancelled.
- Short listing of Applications based on cut-off percentage
- SSB Interview
Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cutoff percentage will be interviewed at Selection Interview Location Centres : Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP) and Bangalore (Karnataka)
Date of Interview: Interviews will be held in April/ May 2017 onwards. (Tentative)
Candidates will put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in Stage I will be returned on the same date. Duration of SSB interviews is five days excluding day of arrival.
Call Letter For SSC(T)-49 and SSCW(T)-20 :
Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued through candidate’s registered e-mail id and through SMS. Candidates will not be interviewed locally. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of DG Rtg, IHQ MoD (Army) and no request for changes are entertained in this regard.
How To Apply:
Online Applications will be starting from 23rd January 2017 at 10 AM and closes on 22nd February 2017 by 5 PM.
Notification: Click Here