How to Make a Resume For Freshers | Resume Formats | Resume Samples | Guide, Tips and Templates…!
Importance of Resume for Freshers to get the Interview Call...!
A fresher resume is important for all those who have completed their educational qualification and looking to enter a professional life for the first time.
- Fresher Resume must be Simple and attractive with highlighting the skills and strengths for the job applying.
Tips for writing a fresher Resume:
- Read the job Details/ descriptions: Make a list of the keywords and phrases used by the company in the job description and utilize them to showcase skills in the resume. These Skills should match the job requirement you applying for.
- Contact Details: Add your name, address, email, and phone number in the top section of the resume.
- Add your social media accounts: Add professional social media profiles, if you have one or create one. Add the links under the address section.
- Write a brief Career objective/ Summary: It should include information on who you are, why you are interested in the job, your professional goals, and any awards or recognition you have received in school.
- Add your soft and hard skills: Review which abilities will assist you in performing better at work and just include those. For example, you can highlight your communication, interpersonal, and your skills of coding and different programming languages.
- Add Educational information: Add your recent qualifications and any certifications you have. Along with the time period. If you were a top achiever in your college and won awards and scholarships, mention those as well.
- Add College Projects details: You can add projects done on your own or in collaboration with others in your college. And internships with any company or part-time jobs.
- Mention hobbies and interests: These can provide potential employers a more complete picture of who you are as a person.
- Mention your willingness to learn new skills: Employers are increasingly on the lookout for candidates who are willing to learn new skills and are fast learners. Highlighting these points can draw the attention of recruiters.
- Reread and edit the resume. Review the resume for any errors, omissions, grammatical mistakes, and spelling mistakes. Read it twice to make sure and ask a family member or a friend to go through it as well.
Fresher Resume Templates:
Ideally, the resume should be just one page long. You should use clear colours and legible business fonts like Calibri, Arial, or Helvetica, and include plenty of white space to make the resume easy to scan through. Below are some good template for writing a resume for freshers.
- Don’t write lengthy resumes. Let resume not exceed one or two pages.
- Don’t use multiple fonts – whether Arial, Verdana, Times New Roman, or Tahoma – throughout the resume.
- Don’t use double-line spacing. The normal is single line space.
- Don’t change font size. Except for your name at the top, which can be in larger font, all text, including sub-headings, should be in one single font size.
- Don’t use multiple colours. Use only black for font color throughout the resume.
- Don’t write sentences or terms using all capitals. Use of capitals should be limited to only abbreviations.
- Don’t include two sets of addresses – permanent and current.
- Don’t dump information. Use bulleted points to make your resume look neat and readable.
- Don’t write philosophical statements for career objective. Keep the career goal statement short, simple, and direct.
- Don’t use passive verbs – Instead of writing “Analysis and design of the structure were performed”, write “Performed analysis and design of the structure”.