Port of Chennai Recruitment 2015 | Graduate, Diploma Apprenticeship Training | Diploma/ BE/ B.Tech – Electrical and Electronics, Computer Science, Electronics and Communications | August 2015
Company: Port of Chennai
Chennai Port, the third oldest port among the 12 major ports, is an emerging hub port in the East Coast of India. This gateway port for all cargo has completed 128 years of glorious service to the nation’s maritime trade.
Maritime trade started way back in 1639 on the sea shore Chennai. It was an open road -stead and exposed sandy coast till 1815. The initial piers were built in 1861, but the storms of 1868 and 1872 made them inoperative. So an artificial harbour was built and the operations were started in 1881.The cargo operations were carried out on the northern pier, located on the northeastern side of Fort St. George in Chennai. In the first couple of years the port registered traffic of 3 lakh tonnes of cargo handling 600 ships.
Company Website: www.chennaiport.gov.in
Engagement of Graduate and Diploma Apprentices for the one year Apprenticeship Programme under Government of India Apprentices (Amendment) Act 1973 in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Department.
Positions: Apprentice Trainee
Duration of Training: 1 year
Diploma/ BE/ B.Tech – Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics, Computer Science, Electronics and Communications
1. Candidates possessing degree or diploma in the following branches of Engineering only will be considered.
Electrical and Electronics
Electronics and Communications
2. Should have been Registered with BOAT (Board of Apprenticeship Training) Tharamani, Chennai. The applications of the candidates who are not registered in the BOAT will be summarily rejected. Click Here To Know More
3. Should be within 3 years of passing of Degree/ Diploma courses. (i.e. During the year 2013, 2014 & 2015 only).
4. The completed applications should be addressed to
The Chief Mechanical Engineer,
7th floor, Centenary Building,
Chennai Port Trust, No.1 Rajaji Salai,
Chennai – 600 001.
(Opposite to Reserve Bank of India)
5. The last date for receipt of applications is 31.08.2015
How To Apply :
Download Notification and Application Form: Link Expired