Caterpillar Recruitment 2020 | Drawing Quality Checker | BE/ B.Tech – Mechanical Engineering | Chennai
Company: Caterpillar India Pvt Ltd
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives.
For 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent and today is leading the Technology Solutions space with innovative Engine and Machine Electronics, Asset Management, Condition and Remote Monitoring Solutions, Analytics, Prognostics and Autonomous Mining Technologies.
Company Website: www.caterpillar.com
Positions: Drawing Quality Checker
Experience: 3 – 5 Years
Salary: Best In Industry
Job Location: Chennai
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
As an Associate Engineer, you will be supporting Drawing Quality Team to perform Form, Fit and Functional check for drawings executed in Engines and Components Team which covers casting components of Engines and Transmission towards NPI, CPI, Cost Reduction programs. You will work with a team to solve technical problems and delivery of projects, mentor and provide support to team members, and deepen your professional network.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Thorough understanding on material selection, datum targets, casting failures and prevention in design phase,
- Knowledge on picking functional datums and applying tolerances, datum structure.
- Awareness on inspection of datums and datum features.
- Initiates conversation when needed with the Engineer/Detailer, not hesitant to ask pertinent questions.
- Good Knowledge on drawing revision and understanding on the change revision.
- Knowledge of Casting, Forging, Machining, Surface Finishing and Heat Treatment Processes are needed
- Complete projects on time and on cost
- Strong Knowledge on ASME Y 14.5 – 2009 standards
Application Link: Click Here