Caterpillar Jobs 2020 | Associate Engineer – Heavy Fabrication/ Engine Packaging | BE/ B.Tech – Mechanical Engineering | Chennai
Company: Caterpillar India Pvt Ltd
Caterpillar Jobs 2020: Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives.
For 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent and today is leading the Technology Solutions space with innovative Engine and Machine Electronics, Asset Management, Condition and Remote Monitoring Solutions, Analytics, Prognostics and Autonomous Mining Technologies.
Company Website: www.caterpillar.com
Positions: Associate Engineer – Heavy Fabrication/ Engine Packaging
Experience: 3-4 years
Salary: Best In Industry
Job Location: Chennai
Qualification: BE/ B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
As a Associate Engineer, you will be supporting Large Engines team to perform Engine or Genset System integration in various applications including Electric Power, oil and gas or Marine towards NPI, CPI, Maintenance, Cost Reduction programs. You will work with a team to solve technical problems and delivery of projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology, mentor and guide team members, and deepen your professional network
- Design and development Genset components, systems and related processes
- Engine or Genset System integration for various applications
- Technical drawings, schematics and engine room or power plant layouts.
- Mechanical design of gensets incl. all detail drawings, center of gravity, mounting, installation drawing and bill of material.
- 2D/3D drawings of welded constructions, piping arrangements, supporting steel structures, exhaust gas and combustion air system arrangements
- Basic construction-related calculation (for eg system back pressure)
- Determine mechanical components (i.e. compensator) for customer contract.
- Utilize & follow key product development processes (FMEA, DVP&R, APQP, PPAP etc.) inherent in NPI, CPI & Cost Reduction Programs.
- Provide technical support to Manufacturing, Quality, and Purchasing Engineers during the proto development
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 3 to 4 years of experience in the Design, Development and Integration of engines into systems for various applications
- Product knowledge on Engine Mechanical systems and components (fabrications, castings, hoses, pipes, drivelines)
- Strong analytical skills & good mechanical aptitude with ability to develop product concepts
- Willingness to travel globally up to 15%.
- Good communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
Application Link: Click Here