BIS Recruitment 2018 | www.bis.org.in | Scientist – “B” | 109 Vacancies | BE/ B.Tech – All Engineering Branches; M.Sc | Across India | April 2018
Company: Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)
The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) is the national Standards Body of India working under the aegis of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Government of India. It is established by the Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 1986 which came into effect on 23 December 1986. The Minister in charge of the Ministry or Department having administrative control of the BIS is the ex-officio President of the BIS.
The organization was formerly the Indian Standards Institution (ISI), set up under the Resolution of the then Department of Industries and Supplies No. 1 Std.(4)/45, dated 3 September 1946. The ISI was registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
Company Website: www.bis.org.in
Positions: Scientist – ‘B’
Total Vacancies: 109
- Mechanical Engineering – 21 Posts
- Metallurgical Engineering – 10 Posts
- Civil Engineering – 18 Posts
- Electrical Engineering – 10 Posts
- Electronics Engineering – 17 Posts
- Chemical Engineering – 12 Posts
- Food Technology – 5 Posts
- Microbiology – 13 Posts
- Textile Engineering and Fibre Science – 3 Posts
Job Location: Across India
Salary: Rs. 79,929/- PM
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology or equivalent in concerned discipline with not less than 60% marks in aggregate (50% for SC/ST candidates).
- The concerned disciplines are Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Food Technology, Textile Engineering & Fibre Science
Scientist(Microbiology): Master’s Degree or equivalent with not less than 60% marks in aggregate (50% for SC/ST candidates).
Age limit: 21 to 30 years as on 01.03.2018
The selection process is based on Online Examination followed by an interview of the shortlisted candidates.
Scheme of Examination:
- The above tests except the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e.
English and Hindi.
- The duration of test time is 120 minutes.
- There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests (0.25 marks will be deducted as penalty for a wrong answer of 1 mark question)
|Name of the Tests||No. of Qns & Marks|
|Technical Knowledge of Concerned
Minimum Qualifying Marks:
Each candidate will have to secure minimum fifty percent marks(50%) in the test of “Technical Knowledge of concerned Discipline” and minimum fifty percent marks(50%) out of total maximum marks in the competitive online examination to be considered to be called for interview.
Application Fee: Rs.750/- (No fee for SC/ST/ Ex-Serviceman/ Persons with Benchmark Disabilities /Women Candidates)
How To Apply:
All interested and Eligible candidates can apply for this position in online from 16th March 2018 to 2nd April 2018.
Application Link: Link Expired
Official Notification:Link Expired