BARC Recruitment 2019 | www.barc.gov.in | Scientific Officer | BE/ B.Tech/ ME/ M.Tech/ B.Sc/ M.Sc | Across India | Last Date: 31st January 2019
Company: Bhabha Atomic Research Center (BARC)
The Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) was established through a Presidential Order on August 3, 1954, to be administered directly by the Prime Minister.
The vision of the DAE is to empower India by the use of technology for creation of wealth leading to a better quality of life for her citizens. DAE is engaged in the design, construction and operation of Nuclear power/research Reactors and the associated Nuclear Fuel Cycle technologies covering exploration, mining and processing of nuclear ores, production of heavy water, nuclear fuel fabrication, fuel reprocessing and nuclear waste management.
Official Website: www.barc.gov.in
Positions: Scientific Officers “C”
Salary: Rs 56100/- per month
Job Location: Across India
- Educational Qualification: BE/ B.Tech/ B.Sc/ 5-year Integrated M.Tech/ M.Sc (Engineering & Science) with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in one of the engineering disciplines.
- Engineering Disciplines: Mechanical, Chemical, Metallurgical, Electrical, Electronics, Computer Science, Instrumentation, Civil, Nuclear Engineering
- Science Disciplines: Physics, Chemistry, Biosciences, Radiological Safety Engineering, Geology, Geophysics
- Age Limit (as on 1 August 2019) : General – 26 years (relaxable for reserved classes)
- Those having M.Sc. (by research) or Ph.D are not eligible.
- Candidates awaiting final results and/or due to appear for GATE-2019 may also apply.
Eligible Disciplines and their Codes:
|Fast Reactor Technology||FRT|
|Quality Assurance & Quality Control||QA & QC|
|Radiological Safety & Environmental Science||RSES|
- Selection to OCES/DGFS-2019 is a two-step process: Screening to short-list candidates followed by Selection Interviews of the short-listed candidates.
- Final Selection is solely on the basis of performance in Selection Interview, subject to medical fitness.
Screening for Selection Interview is through two alternative channels:
Online Screening Test: It will be conducted in all of the nine Engineering disciplines and in the five Science disciplines at more than forty cities spread across India.Allocation of Online Test slot to candidates will be done on a first come first served basis. Candidates may refer to Instructions on the Online Application Portal for details in this regard.
GATE Score: Candidates will be screened in for Selection Interview on the basis of a valid GATE-2018 or GATE-2019 Score.
Cut-off GATE scores for screening into Selection Interviews will be decided only after the Online Test has concluded and candidates are therefore advised to maximize their chances of being screened into the Selection Interview stage by availing both of the screening avenues detailed above. Screening in of applicants in Nuclear Engineering will be only through the Online Test.
Application Fee: Rs.500/- (Women candidates, candidates belonging to SC/ST, Dependents of Defence Personnel Killed in Action (DODPKIA) and Physically Challenged candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee)
How To Apply:
All interested and eligible candidates apply for this position in online latest by 31st January 2019.
For More details: Click Here
Apply Link: Click Here