Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2018 | www.indiancoastguard.gov.in | Assistant Commandant | BE/ B.Tech/ Any Graduates | Across India | Last Date: 1st June 2018
Company: Indian Coast Guard (ICG)
The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) protects India’s maritime interests and enforces maritime law, with jurisdiction over the territorial waters of India, including its contiguous zone and exclusive economic zone.
The Indian Coast Guard was formally established on 18 August 1978 by the Coast Guard Act, 1978 of the Parliament of India as an independent Armed force of India. It operates under the Ministry of Defence.
Officail Website: www.indiancoastguard.gov.in
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2018 notifications for the post of Assistant Commandant in General Duty, General Duty(Pilot) & Commercial Pilot License(SSA). The detailed eligibility and application process are given in below.
Positions: Assistant Commandant
Job Location: Across India
Salary: Rs 56100/- per month + Various allowances & benefits
General Duty/General Duty(Pilot):
- Candidates who have passed Bachelor’s degree from any recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (i.e, 1st Semester to 8th Semester for BE/B.Tech Course or 1st year to last year for Bachelor Degree Candidates wherever applicable).
- Mathematics and Physics as subjects up to intermediate or class XII of 10+2+3 scheme of education or equivalent with 60% aggregate in mathematics and physics.
Commercial Pilot Entry(CPL):
- Minimum educational qualification – 12th pass(Physics and math) with 60% marks in aggregate
- Candidates holding current /valid Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) issued/ validated by Director General Of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
Note: Only candidates cleared their final year/ final semester exams and completed their degrees are to apply.
(i) Asst Commandant (GD): 157 cms minimum.
(ii) Asst Commandant (Pilot) and CPL holders: Height Minimum 162.5 cms, leg length minimum 99 cms.
- Weight: Proportionate to the Height and Age, + 10 % acceptable.
- Chest: Well proportionate, minimum expansion 5 cms.
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment – Age limit:
- General Duty: 01 Jul 1994 to 30 Jun 1998 (Both dates inclusive).
- General Duty (Piolet): 01 Jul 1994 to 30 Jun 2000 (Both dates inclusive).
- Commercial Pilot Entry(CPL): 01 Jul 1994 to 30 Jun 2000 (Both dates inclusive).
- Age relaxations per government policy
Short Service Appointment(SSA): Short Service Appointment as Assistant Commandant is for a period of 08 years, which may be extended to 10 years and further extendable up to 14 years.
The selection process will be based on following methods;
Short Listing of Applications: Shortlisting criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for Preliminary Selection at given date and time which will consist of Mental Ability Test/ Cognitive Aptitude Test and Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PP&DT).
- The aptitude tests will be in English only and will be of objective type.
- During PP&DT the candidates are expected to speak and discuss in English. However, they are free to speak in Hindi if they wish to do so.
- The candidates who qualify Preliminary Selection will be called for Final Selection.
- The Final Selection will consist of Psychological Test, Group Task and Interview (Personality test).
- All documents/ certificates verified during PSB are also required to be produced in originals during FSB.
Examination Centre: Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Noida.
How to Apply: All interested and eligible candidates can apply for this position in online from 19th May 2018 to 1st June 2018.
More Info: Click Here
Application Link: Click Here