DWSS Recruitment 2018 | Freshers | Junior Engineer | 210 Vacancies | Diploma/ BE/ B.Tech | Last Date: 11th July 2018
Company: Department of Water Supply & Sanitation (DWSS)
Department of Water Supply and Sanitation was initially known a Public Health Branch of PWD which came into existence in the year 1956. Prior to that it was functioning as a part of Building and Roads Branch.
The department was responsible for all types of Public Health Engineering Works viz. Water Supply and Sanitary installation in Government Buildings/Institutions and Public Health Engineering works in Urban Estate, grain markets etc.
Official Website: www.pbdwss.gov.in
Positions: Junior Engineer
Total Vacancies: 210 Posts
- Junior Engineer (Civil) – 199 Posts
- Junior Engineer (Mechanical / Electrical) – 11 Posts
Salary: Rs.10,300-34,800/- PM
Job Location: Punjab
Eligibility Criteria :
Education Qualification: Three years Diploma of Junior Engineer in Civil / Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or its equivalent/ higher qualification from a recognized university or institution or any other equivalent or higher qualification recognized by the government.
Age limit(As on 01.01.2018):
- General categories: 18 to 37 years
- SC/ST/BC categories: 18 to 42 years
- Physically Handicapped: 18 to 47 years
- Others as per government policy
- Selection will be based purely on the merit in the written test except for Sportsperson category.
- Written test will contain 100 multiple choice questions of one mark each. The paper will be of 120 minutes’ duration and total of 100 marks.
- There will be negative marking (1/4th marks shall be deducted for every wrong answer).
- No extra weightage shall be admissible to the applicants possessing higher qualification or experience.
Minimum qualifying marks:
- For SC/ST, Ex-servicemen SC and Sports Person SC categories: 25 Marks
- For all other categories: 30 Marks
- For SC / ST/PWD/BC Category: Rs.500/-
- Other Categories: Rs.1,000/-
How to Apply:
All interested and eligible candidates can apply for this position in online latest by 11th July 2018.
For More details & Apply Link: Link Expired