Faurecia Recruitment 2018 | Product Design Engineer | BE/ B.Tech – Mechanical, Automobile | Pune | January 2018
Faurecia is the 8th largest international automotive parts manufacturer in the world; in 2013 it was #1 for vehicle interiors and emission control technology. One in four automobiles is equipped by Faurecia. It designs and manufactures seats, exhaust systems, interior systems (dashboards, centre consoles, door panels, acoustic modules) and decorative aspects of a vehicle (aluminium, wood).
Faurecia’s customers include the Volkswagen group, PSA Peugeot Citroën, Renault-Nissan, Ford, General Motors, BMW, Daimler, Fiat/Chrysler, Toyota and Hyundai-Kia among others. Headquartered in Nanterre, France, Faurecia employs 5,500 engineers and technicians.
Company Website: www.faurecia.com
Positions: Product Design Engineer
Experience: 2 – 4 Years
Salary: Best in Industry
Job Location: Pune (FTCI Site)
Education BE/ B.Tech – Mechanical, Automobile
The Product Design Engineer is responsible for the design development of new or existing products, in line with planning, process, quality and cost targets. He/she produces complete engineering designs translated in CAD models and creates all the associated documentation. The main missions of the role are to:
- Generate design concepts and produce conforming designs, parameters and calculations (provided by a project engineer or lead engineer).
- Develop feasible designs, considering available manufacturing processes. Perform engineering calculations for mass, strength and mechanical performance.
- Prepare and maintain engineering release and change documents.
- For each assigned project, provide alternative design solutions accompanied by analysis, supporting information and recommendations.
- Insure the accuracy of Designers’ and Detailers’ work by giving them clear, complete technical direction and by verifying the output.
- Lead all design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) studies.
- Maintain strong familiarity with specific customer CAD data integrity requirements and apply as required.
- Ensure that designs comply with government and customer specifications and regulations.
- Complete all assignments following prescribed schedules.
- Actively participate in product design reviews when required.
- (May) manage CAD operators.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Experience in Design & Development within an industrial environment, ideally in the automotive industry
- Knowledge and experience in the Project Management process
- Good knowledge of Program standards, tools, and methods
- Appropriate training in program specific CAD software
- Familiar with primary manufacturing methods
- Team player with strong communication skills
- International mind set
- Minimum bi-lingual (English required)
Apply Link:Link Expired