What is Engineering Drawing?
An engineering drawing is a tool that used to communicate the design and manufacturing information for a part. Important elements of an engineering drawing are the dimensions and tolerances. The graphical representation of an object is also called drawing.“An engineering drawing is a document that communicates a precise description of a part. This description consists of pictures, words, numbers and symbols.”
Together, these elements communicate part information to all drawing users.
Engineering drawing information includes;
1. Geometry (Shape, size and form of the part)
2. Critical functional relationships.
3. Tolerances allowed for proper function.
4. Material, heat treat, surface coatings.
5. Part documentation information (Part Name, Part Number, Revision level).